Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies hoarding and/or sharing given content on a hosting server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, based on whether you desire to own a website, e-mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by given file storage providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage accounts often include ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the workload between independent packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share a large quantity of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mail addresses. Some providers offer web hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you want to get an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video clips as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content exclusively.